Friday, September 21

armand bayou nature center mommy & me.

my friend, andrea, told me about the mommy & me event at armand bayou nature center {really close to us that I’ve never been to!} and invited us to go with them. I figured anything outside would be a hit with my kiddos so we headed out this morning to see what it’s all about!

we were not disappointed! we loaded up in the stroller for a “hike” through part of the nature area before stopping at the education building for some craft & learning time…

IMG_5839
the theme this time was mud and all of the animals that live in or use mud to live. the craft was to create “tracks” by tracing your hand, tracing the outline with glue, and putting sand on it. it was really cute and the kiddos had fun making their own “tracks”. we then moved into another room and passed around different things that lived in the mud or used the mud like a turtle shell, tadpoles, a bird nest, crawfish, and many other fun things!

once we had finished, we headed outside to make mud pies and my kids were thrilled!!!

waiting our turn!
IMG_5842
mixing up our mud…
IMG_5845
avery, evan, & sophie making mud!
IMG_5849
and then making some mud pies!!
IMG_5850
a little sister “help”…
IMG_5851
IMG_5852
someone got a little carried away and spilled their mud all over themselves {and their brotherSmile}…
IMG_5853IMG_5854
”I a mess” Smile yes, yes you are!
IMG_5855

we had a great time and will hopefully get to do this again!! hopefully next time, we will get to see the alligator – maybe Smile

No comments: