Tuesday, April 21

33 week doctors appointment.

yesterday, we had our 33 week appt and an ultrasound.  they don’t usually do an ultrasound at this point but the little man (we may have to start using a new name!) was measuring big!  just what a mum wants to hear :)  we started with the ultrasound and i was a little nervous when i was watching the us tech putting different measurements in because some of them were coming back in the 34-35 week range.  the scariest one – his head – came back measuring at 36 weeks!!!  the radiologist estimated his weight at 5.3 pounds!!! we have joked that i will have the michelin baby because of how huge i was but apparently it might be true! 

everything else checked out perfectly normal and my doctor didn’t seem terribly concerned with his size at this point.  she did say there was no way she would let me go past my due date which was music to my ears!  at one point she even said, “i want you pregnant 2-3 more weeks and then i don’t care what happens.”  what brian heard was, “ you might have your kid in 2-3 weeks” and he started to look a little concerned :)  poor daddy!!  there’s still lots to get done before our little guy gets here – showers, hanging curtains once they’re done, getting his crib ready to go, making sure we have the necessities, packing our bags, etc.  we know that he will come when he is ready and that ready or not, he will be here and we will love him more than we ever thought possible!  soooo, here’s to hoping he comes soon, but not too soon ;)

our little man – he’s looking a little squished in there!!CRISP,AMY20090420090658845 CRISP,AMY20090420090733425

3 comments:

chris, katy, christopher, and benjamin said...

Congrats Amy. I'm excited for you guys! I hope everything goes very easy for you!! =)

Angie said...

What you're going through is exactly what I've been going through. My baby has been measuring ahead and much bigger than the norm. At my last u/s at 36 weeks 5 days she weighed 7lb 6oz already - HOLY COW! I sure hope they're off on her weight and she's only 6lbs! lol My OB said she wouldn't let me go past my due date either so that's one good thing about us having big healthy bouncing babies! I'm dying to know how much she'll weigh when she's born! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I find out!

Ali said...

Oh my goodness, look at those cheeks! I can't wait to kiss them!! :o)