Monday, May 4

peaches.

a week ago last friday, my parents had to make the incredibly difficult decision to put my yellow lab, peaches, to sleep.  she had been throwing up and was very lethargic on wednesday night.  thursday morning, my dad decided to take her to the vet to see what might be going on.  dr. teresa decided to keep peaches all day to run some tests.  her stomach was hard which was a really bad sign but she had a habit of eating anything and everything and it was possible it was just blocked and surgery could unblock it.  at the end of the day, teresa wanted to keep her overnight to give her fluids and was planning on doing surgery friday morning. 

my parents wanted to see peaches before her surgery so they went in to the vet’s office early the next morning.  teresa was up front with my parents and told them that she still wasn’t sure what was causing peaches to throw up and that the likelihood of having to put her down on the table was pretty high because of her age (12).  my parents decided they would rather be there and hold her while she was put to sleep. 

she was such a great dog and we miss her sooo much.  she was the dog my parents got me when we had to put my black lab, snuffy to sleep (i had him from the time i was 3 until i was 18).  we are all heartbroken over losing her and it is still really hard for us.  making decisions like this has to be the hardest part of having a dog – i’m just glad that my parents were able to do what was best for peaches (teresa did a pseudo autopsy to determine what it was and she found a very large tumor blocking the exit to her tummy – it probably was unfixable with surgery) but i’m sad the little man never got to meet her.  she was an amazing dog and would’ve had fun playing with him…

we'll miss you peaches…

IMG_0298

No comments: