Thursday, November 29

evan ray.

you are such a sweet, handsome, smart, sensitive, all boy, little big man Smile 

we love, love the little boy that you are becoming and can’t believe that you are 3 1/2!!

you love your little sister but you are having a hard time sharing your space and toys with her. part of it is because she doesn’t quite understand sharing yet but you also love to take whatever it is she’s playing with just to make her mad.

you ask “why?” for EVERYTHING! I love that you are so curious about everything but even when I answer the why question, you ask again. this momma has caught herself saying “because I said so!” more times than I care for.

you are so incredibly sensitive and take everything so personally. you are at an age where there is so much to learn but if we have to correct you, we have to be very careful about how we do it. your little feelings get so hurt when you are told no. many times, I have had to stop and remind you that this is how you learn but it makes you {and me} so sad!

you constantly tell me that you don’t like my mad/mean face. usually this face comes out when you are not listening {which is a lot lately!}. it makes me laugh when you say this to me which is top notch parenting Smile

you are so interested in letters and what they sound like and you are such a sponge when it comes to learning! you try to sound out any word you see, and can make out a few simpler words.  one day, we were playing with sidewalk chalk on the driveway and you randomly wrote your name! crazy! today, we were playing with the chalk on the gameroom wall and you asked how to spell my name..and then wrote it perfectly! I’m seriously amazed!! I pray that you grow to love reading as much as your daddy and i!

you are all boy! you love to rough house, hit, kick, etc at all times. I’m fairly certain your daddy and I have bruises everywhere thanks to our wrestling matches! we are working to curb your ‘boyness” into appropriate activities but love that you are such a stinky boy Smile

you have become a somewhat picky eater – ugh! you have always been willing to try anything but lately, you will tell us you don’t like things {even if they were favorite thing yesterday}. every meal time seems like a struggle but I think it’s more you testing your boundaries than anything. the rule is that you must at least try everything on your plate and eventually, you do.

you are wearing a size 5 or 6 and I think you’ve just hit a growth spurt as many of the size 5 things we just bought you are a bit snug.

you are doing fairly well with the potty training although, since starting your new school, you have been having accidents there. we thought we had fixed the issue but lately, you have been having occasional accidents. I think you’re just having so much fun, you forget to go.

you are so happy and such an amazing little guy! we are in the middle of the test your boundaries stage which means that daddy and I constantly feel like we’re having to correct you but you don’t do it with a mean spirit. you are just learning what is ok and what isn’t.

you have basically given up your nap which is ok on most days but occasionally, you take a small power nap. you are sleeping in your big boy bed {converted crib} but we are hoping to update your room soon to a big boy room with a big, big boy bed.

you are so stinkin’ handsome and we are so in love with you! you are the best big brother to your sister and love her so much. we are the luckiest mommy & daddy to have you as our son!! we couldn’t be more proud of you and the little man you are becoming!

No comments: