Thursday, November 29

avery jo.

you are such an amazing kiddo and you keep your daddy, brother, and I laughing all the time. you are such an incredibly sweet, tough, stubborn, independent, momma’s girl stinker!!

if you do something you shouldn’t or something that hurts someone, you are quick to say “I’m sowwy mommy, bubba, daddy, etc” and give them a big hug.

you have really started to talk in the last few months and are figuring out how to put sentences together really well. I think you may have been doing it earlier but you were having a really rough go at teething a couple of months ago and I let you have your paci during the day meaning that you weren’t quite the chatterbox you have shown yourself to be!

you are still sleeping in your crib which I honestly can’t believe you haven’t climbed out of yet. I will keep you in there as long as you stay in…or your 3rd birthday…whichever comes firstSmile

in the last couple of weeks, you have started reading before bed. your crib is right next to your closet and you have discovered that you can reach the light switch from your bed. usually, when I put you down for bed or nap, you will stand up, turn on the light, and open your closet door {another new trick!}. you also ask to take the books that we read before bed into your crib with you so by the time I get into the living room and turn on your monitor, you are usually sitting in your bed “reading.” cracks us up! you do the same in the morning when you wake up which buys us a little time. when you are ready to go to sleep, you lay down, pull your covers up, and go to sleep. one of us then goes in and turns out the light so it doesn’t wake you up.

you are still very much a momma’s girl and have some crazy attachment to me all the time! usually, once I’m out of the house, you are ok but you tend to cry when I leave. I hate that for you but I’m hoping that soon you’ll realize that I always come back when I leave.

you will eat just about anything and you are still willing to try quite a bit. strangely enough, one of your favorite veggies is broccoli but you honestly love most of them. it’s nice not having to really worry about feeding you anywhere you go!

you crack us up because you can fall or hit your head, etc and usually, you’ll just pause for a second and then carry on. you are incredibly tough and not much slows you down!

you love your gymnastics classes and have the coaches wrapped around your finger! your favorite thing to do right now is coupe, step, coupe, step…

you love to do anything your brother is doing which is good and bad. neither of you has the sharing thing down so many times, there is a fight over some toy but I love that you guys love to be near each other.

you love, love mickey & minnie and could watch lion king on repeat 24.7 if we would let you!

you love animals but have a fondness for smaller dogs. you love your doggies but there’s something about the ones that are your size that you just love! 

you play so sweetly with your baby dolls, you will carry them around or push them in your stroller.  you will take them and undress them and try to change their diapers.  you will also say they are crying and try to soothe your babies by patting their backs.

you wear anywhere from 18 months – 3T and are wearing pullups. you like to “teetee potty” occasionally but it is by no means consistent. just like we did with your brother, we will wait until you are completely ready to start potty training but I wouldn’t be surprised if I was soon.

we love when we tell you “I love you!” and you say “I wove you too mommy/daddy/bubba”

you will walk up to clothes {or a doll, or a stuffed animal or a…} and in the cutest little voice imaginable, say “it’s so cuuuuute!” it cracks us up how you use it appropriately!

you have learned to throw some impressive fits and tend to run and find an alone place when you are upset about something. I’m sure this is the beginning of these fits but I love the fact that you are stubborn, independent, and can stand up for yourself!

we love, love you gorgeous girl & are so blessed to have you as our daughter! we can’t wait to see all the new things you learn in the next few months!!! <3

No comments: