Friday, August 17

nursemaid’s elbow.

apparently that is what miss avery did to herself at the zoo yesterday. we were cooling off in one of the restaurants when I tried to pull her back towards me. I didn’t see that she had a death grip on the window ledge with her other hand and when I pulled {not very hard – I swear!!!}it partially dislocated her left elbow {the arm that was holding on to the ledge, not the one I pulled}.

aj cried for over half an hour which is WEIRD for her! normally she is fine in less than 30 seconds so I knew something was up. she kept her arm coddled next to her body constantly so I decided to just take her home and see what happened. she took a 10 minute nap in the car but woke up when I took her out of her seat because I had to move her arm and she wouldn’t go back to sleep. I tried to get her to do something with her arm but she wouldn’t/couldn’t. poor thing tried to pick up a book and screamed because it hurt {although the second she let go, she was over it}.

I decided it was time to call the doctor and they wanted to squeeze her in just in case we needed xrays. I had brian meet us there {and managed to scare him to death in the process} and as soon as our doctor checked her out, he knew immediately what it was. he wanted to put it back in place right there so brian took e out of the room. I was not excited about this part but tried to act brave for my little one. apparently that was not necessary because he popped it back in place with nothing but a dirty look from miss thing! she is so stinkin’ tough! our doctor was amazed and said he has never had a child not scream during that procedure! she immediately grabbed a toy with both hands and was able to play – wow!! our doctor then went out and bragged on our avery jo to brian and then all of the doctors in the practice! when we walked out of the room, I felt like I was carrying a celebrity Smile I was so proud of how brave she was! I was also beyond proud of mister e! we had spent the morning at the zoo playing hard and had had no naps and he was a complete angel! have I mentioned lately I love these kids?!?!

because they were sooooo good, we decided to take them for frozen yogurt {one of our new favorite things to do!}…

IMAG0257IMAG0255

No comments: