Tuesday, May 3

beat up by a 4 month old.

yep, that would be me.

yesterday morning around 330am, i went in to get avery because she was fussing. she has been a little stuffy lately so i cleaned out her nose and then took her back to her room to put her to bed. because she’s a little stuffy, she won’t really take her paci to help soothe her so i got her in the glider and was rocking her. for whatever reason, i didn’t put my glasses on {like i always do} and my eyes hadn’t adjusted to the dark. one second, we’re rocking and the next, i got a left hook directly to the eye – OUCH!!! since i didn’t see it coming AT ALL, there was no blinking to soften the blow or anything. it HURT!!! once i got her back to sleep, i just shut my eyes and, while it hurt, it wasn’t unbearable.

at 5am, i woke up to pump and get ready for school and spent the whole time i was pumping trying to get my eye to open. when i realized it wouldn’t, i woke brian up to see if he had any ideas. he suggested trying to flush it out with water. the second the water hit my eye, i was rolling on the ground in pain {and i have a high tolerance for pain!}. he immediately said that we needed to get it looked at and called his mom over to watch the {still sleeping} kiddos.  thank you cindy!!!

she suggested calling our eye doc to see if there was an answering service.  thank goodness there was!! they suggested waiting until 830 if i could. as long as i was laying still with both eyes closed, i was fine so that’s what we did.  evan woke up and came in to see my.  i never opened my eyes so he kept saying “mommy seeping” followed by “mommy, get up.” i would wrestle with him on the bed but he was still convinced i was sleeping. silly boy!! cindy and bri got the kids around and cindy took e to school while bri and i dropped avery off at stacia’s.  i’m sure i looked really cool sitting in the car with my eyes closed but whatever :)

when we got to the dr, one of the technicians heard what happened and pulled me into a room to give me the “magic drops.” that’s what i call them anyway:) really, they were just an anesthetic that lasted for about 10 minutes but i was able to open my eye and couldn’t feel any pain for that 10 minutes so i was loving them!

i was able to see the dr soon after and the verdict was a scratched cornea. she gave me some antibiotic drops and some pain relief drops and sent me home to keep my eyes closed.  sounds nice except that i wasn’t comfortable unless both eyes were closed so no tv and no reading – BORING!!!  i decided to take a nap since that was all i really could do and while that was nice, it was totally not worth the pain!! when i woke up, i was able to keep my left eye open without hurting the scratched one, so i taped my right eye shut and got some things done. by the time brian got home, i was able to have both open with a little pain and a lot of fuzziness!

when i woke up this morning, there is very little pain and i can see normally so thank God for that!! we kept joking that brian needed to keep his safety goggles close when he got up with avery in the middle of the night :) poor, sweet girl will never live this down!!

my hilarious hubby sent this pic to our family :)

Avery_v_Amy that’s right, our little muhammad ali!! guess we won’t have to worry about her fending for herself later on:)

No comments: