Monday, October 5

first day of school.

today was evan’s first day of school.  i think this was a much bigger deal to me than it was to evan.  last night, i got upset thinking about not getting to spend the entire day with my little boy.  it still makes me sad :(  anyway, i had just fallen asleep (and yes, it was before 10 but when you have to get up at 515 for work, that is a perfectly reasonable bedtime :)) when my cell phone rang.  apparently someone thought it was a good idea to send out a call out letting all technology people in the district know there would be a meeting this morning at 730.  great idea, but next time, don’t call at 10!!! anyway, after that, i couldn’t get back to sleep until after 11 – ugh!

brian was supposed to take evan to his first day of school to save me from embarrassing myself crying, etc, but he had to be at work early and i now had to be in a little later than usual so i agreed to take him in.  i was very proud of myself.  i didn’t cry (remember i cried last night :)) and the little man was playing in the exersaucer and laughing when i left him.

this is a picture of him right before we left for school…

IMG_4073

he looked very handsome if i do say so myself :)  i love this daycare and the owners are great!  evan is even in class with their baby boy, branson, who is a few weeks younger than our little man.  they even called me during the day today to give me an update on how he was doing (“great – all smiles and so happy” is what they told me).

i also picked him up after a very busy day at work.  when i walked into his classroom, he was sitting in a bumbo right in front of another little boy in a bumbo and they were “chatting.”  so cute!  he really didn’t care when i walked in but once he realized i was there, i got a smile :)  heart breaker!  i noticed he wasn’t still wearing what i sent him in.  apparently we had a little bit of a blowout – go figure!

when his daddy got home, the boys read some books on the couch.  they are too cute together!!

this is what evan was wearing when i went to pick him up…

IMG_4077
IMG_4078

we survived the first day! 
his mummy’s still missing him like crazy though!

No comments: