Friday, June 12

evan ray crisp.

we are so completely in love! our little man, evan, arrived monday at 11:39am. he weighs 9.5lbs and is 21.25in long.

IMG_2848 the story:
on sunday morning, around 2:25ish, i got up to go to the restroom and lost my mucous plug (gross i know!). immediately after, i started having what i thought were cramps every 15 minutes. the next morning, we got up and brian went to play softball while i went and got my toenails done – the important things!! when i got home, i called mum to ask what contractions felt like – i just had a feeling there was something more to my cramps. sure enough, she told me i was having contractions and to start timing them. at this point, they were 3-5 minutes apart so we called the nurse, took the girls to doggie daycare, and headed down to the hospital to be checked out. my nurse, maria, checked me out and i was about 1.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced. the on call doctor said to walk around for an hour and see if the contractions caused any more change. if so, they would keep me (especially since i was scheduled for an induction the next morning – although come to find out, that probably wouldn’t have happened with how busy they were!). i walked for an hour and only dilated 1/2cm more. the doctor wanted me to take some medicine that would stop the contractions if i wasn’t really in labor or would do nothing if i was. i took the medicine and my contractions got worse. i then had to walk around for another hour and see what happened. after an hour, nothing had changed and my nurse, elizabeth, said that the doctor wanted to give me a shot to stop labor. this seemed dumb to me since i was full term and scheduled for an induction the next day anyway. so i refused the shot. my contractions continued to get worse so they gave me some pain medication so that i could sleep and my dr. would be in in the morning.

the next morning, my doctor came in (pissed i might add at what i’d been asked to take the night before) and started me on pitocin. within 10 minutes, i was 5 cm dilated and was given my epidural. about an hour after that, my new nurse, cindy, checked me again and i was complete!!! within 10 minutes, cindy had me pushing and less than 20 minutes after i started pushing, she had called in my doctor to deliver evan! it was really quick & a very uneventful delivery! i love my doctor and had the best nurse when it was actually time to have him…i couldn’t have been happier!

we were shocked when he was measured at 9.5 lbs! he is an adorable little boy (i’m not biased, i swear!) and we are so incredibly in love with him. let the pictures begin!!

nanny & vanpaIMG_2888aunt ashley, grumps, & ccIMG_2893screaming evan ray just after he was bornDSC_0361
much better!
DSC_0371
evan & the best l&d nurse in the world, cindy
IMG_2853
me & my little boy :)
DSC_0373
evan’s daddy & aunt ali
DSC_0400
evan with aunt barbie
DSC_0392
evan with uncle mike & marcie.
DSC_0399

1 comment:

The Brewers said...

YEA!! pictures and the story!!! he's precious and I can't wait to hold him!